Sunday, August 15, 2010

A Day on Set...

Those of you who have read my blog know that I am a creative person....Yet some of you may not have heard me mention one of my greatest passions...acting. I am an actress at heart and have been since I was three. Acting brought me to Regent for the theatre program and Jacob came to Regent since they are one of the leading Christian film schools. Although I don't get a chance to do this very often since I have been quite busy with my classes and job lately, I did get the opportunity to work on a film set with some friends yesterday in which I played the victim of a car accident who gets rescued by a superhero. Here are some shots from the shoot for those of you who are interested. There was a lot of fake blood, a totaled car, EMT's, policemen, sirens, and an ambulance but I couldn't have had more fun! Call time was 4AM so even though I didn't get any sleep...I'm so glad I was able to be a part of this. I know the people involved have bright futures as Christian film-makers and I hope I was able to bless them as much as they blessed me :)

My wonderful Jacob is running the smoke...

Epic!


The makeup artist did an amazing job and captured a few shots of her victim while I waited on set for my scenes.


For those of you who haven't used cinema-makeup before, the blood is made out of Caro Syrup and food coloring. So in all those movies where you see blood, there's no need to get grossed out or scared- it's just red syrup! If any of you get a chance to be in a film, even as an extra, you really should. It is a great experience for meeting people and sharing in the creative movie experience.

Have any of you been in movies before or would you like to be? What are your experiences with acting- stage or screen?


5 comments:

  1. I was in a play at VBS a few months ago. I know what you're thinking: amateur! Okay, I guess I was. But I had to talk quite a lot & it was such a neat experience! I loved being on stage & having to memorize lines, etc. I think it's kinda fun to be a different person!

    So were you in a movie, movie? I think it's so cool that you act!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Amber! One of my friends is a film-maker here at Regent and he was shooting a trailer for a future feature-length film.

    And VBS is not amateur! That's where it starts! I did VBS for yeeears when I lived at home and it was always such a fun experience. It's awesome that you get to take part in something like that and that you enjoy it so much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bella! I had to squeal when I read your comment! I totally forgot to add those other types of journals! I also have one for quotes...and yes one for my future husband (well, they're more like letters =)

    You inspire me!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Amber! You inspire me too! That's so great that you have letters for your husband. I kept a journal for my husband with prayers for a different element of his character (wisdom, strength, patience, joy, etc.) and then gave it to him when we got married with a box that had all our memories in it (something from the day I met him, the first flower he gave me, the mask I made for the masquerade ball we went to, anything that had something special to do with our relationship!) It was very special and I'm so glad that you think ahead too :) I know your letters will prove to be a precious gift for him one day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ana: Well done! I love the drama make-up. My niece just graduated from cosmetology school and had a quarter of cinema make-up. She chose zombie. It's hard to admit but she was even a cute zombie.

    ReplyDelete